Wednesday, July 9, 2008 ;
3:32 PM




Sarah Cooper lived in Findlay, the home of Cooper Tires and Marathon Oil. As a little girl I sat in the famous sandwich shop, Wilson's, and looked up at the wall opposite where it said COOPER in big blue letters. I thought my Grandpa Cooper owned that big company. I will not tell you how old I was when I learned we were no relation!

Anyway, little Sarah was born the last of three girls, eight and four years older than she. At night those mean sisters told her she was their "little stove" so she would let them put their big, cold feet on her! Despicable. I'm sure I never did anything like that to my 3 little sisters.

None of us are very artistic in the painting/drawing category. Our gifts are more in the music/writing line. But Sarah as a little girl had a blackboard, and one day tried to draw a bunny. It looked EXACTLY like Little Orphan Annie's dog Sandy. Mom was so proud of that drawing, she wouldn't let anyone erase it for MONTHS. One day her Mom finally cleaned off the board, and Sarah had a conniption fit. The only artistic thing she ever drew, and it was gone. That has been 80 years ago, and she still tells the story pathetically, as one of the great tragic moments of her life.

Tomorrow - going to jail.

Labels:



♫♫♪♫♪ from Marg


Marg Marshall, 3:32 PM

1 Comments:

Hello Dorsey Girls,

Really like your work Marg. The History of Rev. Dorsey was great. I can remember summer nights in
Circleville, Ohio when he was preaching @ Mount Of Praise.
Nice to see the Pic. I knew
Patty & Betty. Glad to see your Mom is doing good....God Bless you All !!!!

Anonymous Anonymous, at 31 October, 2008
------------------------------------------------------------------
 

Add a comment



THE SCORE

Name:Marg Marshall

View my complete profile

Clef notes

"Fight discouragement like the very devil himself." ~ Morton Dorsey

(The wisest thing my dad ever told me.)

REPERTOIRE
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
May 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
November 2009
May 2011
October 2015

CODA
designer | JEAN

free tracking