Saturday, May 21, 2011 ;
12:38 PM

My last post was in November, 2009. Most of you know why...my 26-yr-old daughter Saralyn had a stroke on January 3, 2010. Last year disappeared in a blur of hospital stays, rehab facility, moving in with Saralyn and Landon to take care of her, home health visits, trips to therapy, another surgery to replace the missing piece of skull bone, and many, many doctor visits. Then in December our family moved to Ohio where Jim accepted the pastorate of West Chester Wesleyan Church. And that was 2010!

It's time to get back on my blog. Dozens of you have sent us emails, comments on Facebook, cards, gifts, prayers and encouragement this past year. We would not have survived without your support. I know that for sure. And of course, God! If I ever doubted, He has shown me that He is faithful. Somehow, against all odds, we survived 4 years without Jim having a church, and just when both of us felt we could not go on ONE MORE DAY, the call to WCWC came!
Another day I'll bring you up-to-date on Saralyn's progress. Today is a recipe! I have a cousin here in West Chester, Nora Brotherton. She brought lunch to Jim's New Christians' Class last Sunday, including the best bbq pork sandwich I ever ate. Here it is, simple enough for even my non-cooking relatives to make. (You know who you are.)

You need a pork loin, salt and pepper, and "Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce". Put the meat in your crock pot, pour in 1/2 cup water, salt and pepper liberally, cover and cook on low 8-10 hrs. Lift the meat out and drain it in a colander. Pour out all the liquid (it's full of fat). Cut or pull away every scrap of fat, then put meat back in the crock pot. Add a small bottle of "Sweet Baby Ray's" sauce. (Nora used regular, I used hickory brown sugar.) Stir, shredding the meat with 2 large forks till it is well combined. Serve on a warmed bun with cole slaw and chips. Fantastic! Tastes like you slaved all day. Honest!

Labels:



♫♫♪♫♪ from Marg


Marg Marshall, 12:38 PM

2 Comments:

What would be a comparable barbeque sauce that I can get here?

Blogger Virginia, at 21 May, 2011
------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Yummmm...I will have to make this!

Amberly

Anonymous Anonymous, at 22 May, 2011
------------------------------------------------------------------
 

Add a comment



THE SCORE

Name:Marg Marshall

View my complete profile

Clef notes

"Fight discouragement like the very devil himself." ~ Morton Dorsey

(The wisest thing my dad ever told me.)

REPERTOIRE
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
May 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
November 2009
May 2011
October 2015

CODA
designer | JEAN

free tracking